- Optimisation of navigational, operational and commercial performance
- 24/7 monitoring by specialists
- Greater level of transparency and visibility of operations
- Fully customisable, modular and individually priced
- Available for any operator within the international maritime industry, irrespective of whether that operator has a pre-existing relationship with the Columbia Group
- Differentiation from competitors by achieving levels of cost savings, efficiencies, and economies of scale, which render you much more competitive and attractive to the market.
Columbia’s vision is to implement a global, state-of-the-art Learning Management System (LMS) which can be used anywhere and at any time. Whether in our offices, onboard vessels, at our seafarers’ homes or even while travelling without internet connectivity, this vision is now a reality.
The agreement reached with Adobe Systems makes Columbia the first shipmanager worldwide to implement a state-of-the-art LMS developed by a reputable high-tech software company that is not exclusively dedicated to the maritime industry.
The crew is now is able to connect to the cloud via satellite internet with negligent cost while streaming the content from ship servers. The training and learning material can be supplied from head offices via email almost immediately without incurring high communication costs or long-time waiting processes.